Your lips can be most attractive part of your face. Like as our face skin, lips also needs special attention and care at times. Proper lip makeup can make you look outstanding in the crowd.
How to choose lip color depending on complexion :-
1. The foremost step is to find out the complexion you have. It can be either have cool with red undertones having shades of pink color or warm complexion have yellow undertones with orangey shades. Darker skin comes under warm complexion category whereas fair skin comes under cool one.
2. Choosing basic shades :- Lip colors like cappuccino, brown, caramel silver or golden can be selected by warm complexion people. If you have cool complexion, you can choose pink red or bright red or pink or beige for yourself.
3. Always test, then buy :- It is always good to test a color before you finally decide to buy it. Check by applying the small amount on the tip of your finger and check to select the final one.
4. Choose color depending on the time of day :- If you are going out in the day time and you have fair complexion, you should choose the light color. You can select light berry or pale pink color. If you have darker complexion, you can choose apricot, nude, shades of red or beige depending on the time.
Selection of color based on lip shape :-
For thin lips :-
1. To enhance the looks of your lips, you should apply the eye catching color. You can select bright red, burgundy, dark berry shades or maroon color.
2. If you have thin lips, then applying lip liner is must for you. The color of the lip liner must match the color of the lipstick. Application of lip liner after applying lipstick will keep the lip liner on for longer time.
For thick lips :-
1. If you have thick layers, you should avoid wearing dark colors on lips as it will make them appear fuller and bigger. Instead, use light colors or go for nude shades of glosses or lipsticks. You can prefer light pink, light brown or peach color for more beautiful outlook.
2. You can choose slightly different color of the lip liner than to your lipstick but color should be lighter one.
How to apply the lip makeup :-
1. Clean your lips and make them soft and smooth. Take a sharp lip liner and apply it with very steady hands on the outline of your lips. The color of the lip liner should be about similar or slightly different from the lipstick color. Point the lip liner on the center of the upper lip and draw it outwards to the end of the lip. Start from both ends in case of lower lips.
2. Use a lip balancer to create a base for the lipstick and make a balance with the skin tone. You can use face powder as a base.
3. Fill up your favorite color on your lips by using lip brush. Start off from centre to sides in case of upper lip and from both end to the center in case of lower lip. Make sure that the color is uniformly spread over both lips and is not in excess. In case there is some extra color you find, then take fold a tissue paper and press it slowly between both lips. This way extra color will be removed.
4. To make your lips look shiny, apply the coat of lip gloss carefully over them.